quarta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2009

41. Lauren Bacall doesn't like Twilight / Lauren Bacall não gosta de Twilight


Lauren Bacall is a great actress. I've seen "To Have and Have Not" (1944) and "Big Sleep" (1946), both from the director Howard Hawks and with Lauren Bacall and her husband, Humphrey Bogart.
My favourite is "To Have and Have Not" (from Ernest Hemingway's novel), which also has Walter Brennan (the hilarious "Stumpy" in "Rio Bravo") as Eddie. No one would dare to forget Eddie's question «Was you ever bit by a dead bee?» (which works like an "intelligent measurer" and you should answer like "Sim" [Bacall] did: «Have you?»).
Now, about her opinion about "Twilight": I think people are free to express their minds, aren't they? Why all this gossip?! How can people disagree with her if they've never seen "Nosferatu"?! I didn't, I saw a picture in the book "1001 films to see before die"... and I was afraid. But I will see it!
Learn to enjoy cinema. I have lucky because I have someone who show me those films.




Lauren Bacall é uma grande actriz. Eu já vi "To Have and Have Not" (1944) e "Big Sleep" (1946), ambos do realizador Howard Hawks e com Lauren Bacall e o seu marido, Humphrey Bogart.
O meu favorito é "To Have and Have Not", que também conta com Walter Brennan (o divertidíssimo "Stumpy" em "Rio Bravo") como Eddie. Ninguém se atreveria a esquecer a pergunta de Eddie «Alguma vez foi picado por uma abelha morta?» (que funciona como um "medidor de inteligência/classe" e à qual se deve responder como "Slim" [Bacall] fez: «E você, foi?»).
Agora sobre a sua opinião acerca de Twilight: eu penso que as pessoas são livres de expressarem a sua opinião, não são? Porquê, então, todos estes comentários?! Como podem as pessoas não concordar com Lauren Bacall, se nunca viram "Nosferatu"?! Eu nunca vi, vi apenas uma fotografia no livro "1001 filme para ver antes de morrer" e... fiquei com medo. Mas irei vê-lo.
Aprendam a gostar de cinema. Eu tenho a sorte de ter quem me mostra os grandes filme.

Photo from: http://johngushue.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bogart_bacall_to_have_and_have_not.jpg

4 comentários:

  1. olá, oh desculpa ainda não vi...nunca me lembro que tenho um mail sapo hahaha eu vou já tratar disso
    obrigado & beijinho
    Dianne Cullen

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Pronto já está, desculpa mas nem me lembrei que tinha o mail...
    beijinho

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hey there. I like your blog. You sent me a comment wondering if you could add me to affliates? Of course you can. I filled out your form, and sent it to you. Please, send me a button back to the email I provided, and I will add you to my site.

    ResponderEliminar